Articles and book chapters:
- Hellmuth, S. (submitted). Prosodic variation in Arabic. In E. Al-Wer, & U. Horesh (Eds.), Routledge Handbook of Arabic Sociolinguistics. Routledge.
- Hellmuth, S. (submitted). Text-tune alignment in Tunisian Arabic yes-no questions. In M. Cruz, S. Frota, & P. Oliveira (Eds.), Prosodic variation (with)in languages: Intonation, phrasing and segments. (Studies in Phonetics and Phonology). Equinox.
- Hellmuth, S. (2016). Explorations at the syntax-phonology interface in Arabic. In S.Davis & U. Soltan (Eds.), Perspectives on Arabic Linguistics: Proceedings of the 27th Arabic Linguistics Symposium, Bloomington Indiana February 28th - March 2nd 2013. Amsterdam: John Benjamin.
- Hellmuth, S. (2014). Dialectal variation in Arabic intonation: motivations for a multi-level corpus approach. In S.Farwaneh & H. Ouali (Eds.), Perspectives on Arabic Linguistics (pp. 63-89). Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
Published conference papers:
- Hellmuth, S., Alhussein Almbark, R., Chlaihani, B., & Louriz, N. (2015). F0 peak alignment in Moroccan Arabic polar questions. Paper presented at 18th International Congresses of Phonetic Sciences, Glasgow, United Kingdom. http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/99473/1/ICPHS0825.pdf
- Almbark, R., Bouchhioua, N., & Hellmuth, S. (2014). Acquiring the phonetics and phonology of English word stress : Comparing learners from different L1 backgrounds. Proceedings of the International Symposium on the Acquisition of Second Language Speech, Concordia Working Papers in Applied Linguistics, 5. http://doe.concordia.ca/copal/documents/3_Almbark_etal_Vol5.pdf
- Hellmuth, S. (2014). Towards a research-led approach to the teaching of Arabic pronunciation. Concordia Working Papers in Applied Linguistics (Proceedings of the International Symposium on the Acquisition of Second Language Speech), 5. http://doe.concordia.ca/copal/documents/21_Hellmuth_Vol5.pdf
- Almbark, R. & Hellmuth, S. (2013). A typology of word stress in Arabic dialects: phonetic correlates and rhythmic variation. (Paper at 'Word stress: dialectal variation and perception', a workshop of the 19th Internationl Congress of Linguistics, July 21-27th 2013, Geneva).
- Hellmuth, S. & Almbark, R. (2013). A call for conventions (to accompany prosodic transcriptions) [Poster at 'Advancing Prosodic Transcription II, Lisbon June 24th 2013].
- Hellmuth, S. & Almbark, R. (2012). Stimulus design and transcription issues in cross-varietal investigation of spoken Arabic prosody. [Poster at Advancing Prosodic Transcription workshop, Stuttgart July 27th 2012].